Pages

19 May 2005

Lil Louis' "French Kiss...", Technotronic's Pump Up The Jam And 1989 Loses Its Mind...

An EP of various mixes. Lil Louis' French Kiss was certainly different!


"Back To Life, Back To Reality..."

"A thumpin' bass and smilin' face for a happy race," said Jazzy B, of Soul II Soul. This was the year we got a first taste of the group's excellent and highly distinctive soul/dance music.

Had me groovin' till dawn on several occasions back then, and I still love it today.

"Pump Up The Jam..."

Technotronic arrived.

Here's Felly, a lady I found fascinating, not only because she was rather attractive, but also because she wore blue lipstick. As it turned out, a young female rapper called Ya Kid K was actually the singer.

"The Sun Comes Up, I Think About You..."

Liza Minnelli and the Pet Shop Boys gave us Losing My Mind - a camp, grandiose, electronic dance stomper. If 1989 was a singer, I think this is what it would have sounded like.

Fit For Business - Fit For Life...

Now, we all remember that keeping fit was highly popular in the 1980s, but this chappie, featured on the front of an Argos 1989 catalogue, seems to be taking things a little too far!

No comments: