Pages

27 April 2010

1980-2010: 30th Anniversary Of The Shake 'n' Vac TV Ad....

1980 - Jenny Logan provided a memorable introduction to Shake 'n' Vac!

I was very pleased, as chief cook and bottle washer at '80s Actual, to receive an invitation to an event celebrating the 30th anniversary of the excellent Glade Shake 'n' Vac television ad.

Remember the wonderful Jenny Logan?

"It's all you have to do!
Do the Shake 'n' Vac and put the freshness back
Do the Shake 'n' Vac and put the freshness back
When your carpet smells fresh, your room does too
Every time you vacuum, remember what to do..."

The jingle took off, and soon we were all singing it, and trying to imitate Jenny's dance!

Sadly, I'm not able to make it to the 30th anniversary event, but I have such fond memories of the ad that I simply couldn't let the birthday pass unnoticed!

And did I ever use Shake 'n' Vac myself?

Well, in 1983, I moved into a furnished flat and the carpets were a little old and a little... well... "niffy".

So my girlfriend bought some Shake 'n' Vac and, although I'm not into advertising, I must say it lifted the frankly rather pongy atmosphere more than a little.

And, best of all, we did the Shake 'n' Vac and sang the song as we sprinkled it around!

Happy, happy memories!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Another famous role for Jenny Logan in 1980 was in the brilliant "Two Ronnies" serial "The Worm That Turned"!